Vail Resorts Volunteer Ski Patrol - Winter Seasonal - Whistler Blackcomb in Canada
Whistler Blackcomb’s Mission Statement is “Experience of a Lifetime”
Love what you do! Because that’s what we’re all about. The Whistler Blackcomb staff is comprised of individuals who thrive in the outdoors, love the mountains, and are passionate about what they do. We look for applicants who share in this passion, whether you are looking for a seasonal job or wanting to build an exciting career, don’t miss the chance to work and play in BC’s winter wonderland. If you sound like our ideal applicant please apply online and show us what you’ve got. #wbworklove
Position status: Volunteer
Volunteers are required to complete 23 shifts over the course of the season. A season’s pass will be provided in order for volunteers to access the mountain for both volunteer shifts and product knowledge.
What you’ll be doing:
• Administer first aid to injured guests and staff.
• Coordinate transport of injured persons to appropriate facility.
• Continually monitor Trail and Slope conditions to ensure the safety of all guests and staff.
• Perform lift evacuations as required.
• Assist other departments as required.
• CPR C Ticket
• Minimum of Level III Occupational First Aid certification or Outdoor Emergency Care or PCP license. (NO Wilderness First Aid)
• Capable of skiing all terrain levels under all conditions (Skiers only)
• Knowledge of Whistler Blackcomb terrain an asset
• Strong communication skills
• Canadian Avalanche Awareness Level 1 is an asset
• Previous patrolling, avalanche control, mountaineering or rescue experience would be an asset
• Foreign language fluency is a definite asset
• Able to interact well within a team atmosphere
• Demonstrate our core values: Safety First, Striving to be the best, and showing that We Care
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Explore Employment Opportunities with Whistler Blackcomb! ( www.vailresortscareers.com/whistlerblackcomb ).
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID [[id]]